Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Restoration-related Equipment Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Restoration-related Equipment Tech Any questions or information about any period-correct resto equipment (ie. switchboxes, lights, radios).

Old 07-01-2024, 12:00 AM

Exclamation Need help with Motorola Syntor equipment

Hi all,

I’m hoping those of you who have the Motorola Syntor system can offer some help. I’m trying to gather the correct Motorola Syntor equipment for my TX restoration.

I’m trying to understand all of the pieces needed, but where I’m stuck is with the Motorola Syntor Radio “brick” and the Motorola Siren “brick”.

I understand the following:
- 87 to 93 TX used the Motorola Syntor VHF system and the “bricks” were located in the trunk.
- 87 to 93 TX units controlled the siren from the Motorola control head at the dash.
- There is a specific cable that runs from the control head at the dash to the Motorola Syntor radio “brick” in the trunk.
- The Motorola Siren “brick” has its own specific cable.

What I cannot seem to find images of or any info on for mapping and connecting everything is:
- How does the Motorola Siren get integrated or connected with the Control head and the Syntor radio brick??
- Is there another module that is to go between the Syntor Radio brick and the Siren brick?

Can anyone please help and maybe provide some pics, or a diagram of how the units all go together or even some Motorola part numbers as to what I need for the modules and cabling?

Thank you!
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP