View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:04 AM

Default 1991 FHP Roll Bars?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has any info on whether or not the Florida Highway Patrol installed 4 point roll bars on their cars? I've read that some agencies had them installed in cars used for training exercises but nothing conclusive on which agencies did & what they looked like.

This past weekend I was removing some of my interior to do speaker wiring & I found mounting plates & what appear to be bars that have been cut. The guy who purchased this car from auction supposedly never raced it & claims it was just restored & driven lightly for years but who really knows. The chassis is super clean overall & doesn't show signs of abuse.

I wasn't able to find mounting points up front under the dash so I'm almost certain it's just a 4 point cage. It doesn't look like the cutting was done very cleanly, there's even a half inch cut into the passenger b pillar mount where it appears someone just gave up removing it & said screw it haha...

If anyone can look at the below photos & give insight it'd be greatly appreciated: