View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
To note, any Ford dealership cannot get the demo car issued to them. It has to come from Ford Fleet. Call the fleet line and ask for your representative for your area and they normally give you that information and then contact them directly.
I have tried to get a hold of Ford Fleet sales directly and no one has yet to call me or write back....maybe they are on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
My buddy is a Lieutenant for a local police department. He was over the other night and commented that they ordered 2 V6 Caprices to see how well they hold up. Not wanting their young patrol officers to have cars that are too powerful, they decided not to get the V8 to err on the side of safety.
I like what Chevy did with the pricing...both motors are the same price. The only down side is the V8 only has 54 more hp (355hp). You would think the difference would be more and you would think the V8 would be closer to the Charger at 370hp. But other than highway traffic enforcement maybe we don't need all that horsepower...maybe.

Whatever car we go with I am going to try and get our Chief to send some officers to driving school. All of these cars are much different than the CV and Expeditions we are use to.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS