View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 AM
It is what it is.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and opinions.

I have a request in to the CHP for their test and evaluation results. However, the manager of fleet services at the EVOC facility stated they do not typically release their full reports to other agencies. He has sent my request up the chain of command. I was able to get Michigan SP results as they publish those online.

As far as driving I have drove the civilian versions of the Chargers and Taurus. Both seem like great civilian cars, just not sure how they would be in Police service.

The area I work has everything as far as geography. We have two major interstates, several state routes, downtown shopping area, neighborhoods, and rural farm land...basically everything but mountains. We are approx. 27 square miles in size with a population over 50k.

If we went with the Interceptor I am sure it would be the Ecoboost AWD model. The Charger is looking like it will fall out of the lineup due to all the mechanical issues I keep hearing about....just wish we had better input on the 2012 model year.

I did get a chance to sit in a neighboring agency's Taurus Interceptor. I did like the cockpit feel, but the rear prisoner is small...and we have some big boys we deal with here.

Chevy is coming to our PD on Monday with a Caprice that is outfitted with a cage. I am going to try and get the neighboring agency's Taurus here at the same time and compare them side by side. As much as I would love to have a HEMI Charger, with the mechanical issues I am thinking that would be a bad idea.

Lastly I have to say I am disappointed in Ford Fleets customer service. I can not get anyone to call or write me back. The local Ford dealership can not provide me a demo. All they can do is provide me with paperwork and test results...which I already have.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS