View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Admin

I honestly can't blame the guy for being defensive, since things were being said before we even gave him the chance to speak up. For all we know, he wasn't told anything about the car, or its' rarity, by the seller. Who really knows?

However, once we got him on board, and he agreed to tone down the mods he previously planned, I think we had the opportunity to further educate him and see the car restored. Sadly, that didn't happen. He wasn't on here posting that he knew the car was rare, and that he was going to hack it up anyway (as we've seen in the past), nor did he appear to be trying to cause any trouble . I would have preferred to see him ask a few more questions about the car, but maybe he was reading other parts of the site (and other sites) and didn't have any.

We try to look out for each other, price-wise, because this is a pretty tight-knit community. He had no idea about that, and I can understand why he wanted to make some money on the car. I was a little put off when I first saw that, but thinking about it further....I don't think he really had a clue as to how this community likes to operate.

Some of the issue needs to be placed squarely on the person who sold him the car, at that price, to obviously not an established SSP enthusiast. I understand both sides of the Ebay bidding thing, but if Tate honestly thought that the '84 wouldn't get any bids, he was sadly mistaken.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363