View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Didn't you just buy it for $3500 (or less)?

That has absolutely nothing to do with it really.... I just bought a '94 GT Convertible for $1200 and turned down $5000 for it 3 days ago. I want the car...but everything has a price, if someone dangled $7K in my face I might take it....am I a GGG for that? Absolutely not. I bought the car because I wanted it, the fact that it was a steal is my good fortune and doesn't mean I have to sell it for $2,000 to be fair.

Alan had a point with the SVO Reference, I own 2 SVO's that are highly modified and I am not criticized by the SVO Community for that. Everyone had the chance to buy this car and could have contacted the seller just like Alan did or even place a bid as we discussed previously to "mark your spot"...you can't dictate what people do with their money or a car they buy....you CAN promote a good feeling of community and support the car and try to help lead someone in the general right direction but this thread while starting off that way just turned into a huge negative blow for this community by bashing this guy.

I have 2 SSP's...one IS modified and the other will be a stock restoration. I never talk about the modified one simply because the general "Air" around any SSP site is that it is taboo....which is ashame. Mine while looking totally stock is getting improvements that "I" want so that "I" can enjoy "MY" car....the minute someone tells me what I should do with "MY" car I think I'll act the same way. For this part of the Mustang Hobby it really should be looked at how some things like this come across. There are purists but you MUST understand that not everyone IS a purist and has other interests. I agree a car like this '84 is best served by restoration to original simply because of the limited numbers but forcing that down someones throat will only result in a negative response.

I also disagree about the subframe connectors....I restore cars for a living and these cars especially are flat WORN OUT by the time we get most of them and they flex badly with the unibody design. You have 2 choices....gut the car and weld up some of the seams to get the structural rigidity back or install subframe connectors. I've seen SSP's WITH frame connectors sag on a rack like a Fox convertible where the doors become hard to open! This is a fact, not myth.

I'm not attacking anyone here but I am pointing out my observations having just come across this thread in it's entirety.