View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
So what are you all implying?

I come in here as a new member and you guys jump down my throat for anything less than a full restoration (technically, you jumped down my throat before I was even a registered member). You convince me this is quite a rare pony, it will be worth tons of money, don't touch a thing, etc etc. Then you state I should think about selling it if I want a track car AND that there are members here who will buy it.

So instead of "hacking" this car apart, I decide to do the right thing and see if a buyer wants to take this off my hands. Do you honestly think I wouldn't ask top dollar for the car?

I didn't join this site to sell this car.
Alan,

What we were "implying" is that the car deserves a full restoration. It IS a rare car, but what I find funny is you haven't asked a single question about it.

We are here to promote the restoration of these cars, and we are very passionate about it (I'm sure you already figured that out).

We are not here to take advantage of each other, and I "honestly think" that turning a quick $500 is more than fair, given your situation. The people who will pay you "top dollar" for the car are the very people here who appreciate what the car is, and the car's potential. Now that they've seen what you paid for it, and your attitude about "top dollar", I think you'll have a difficult time getting that kind of $$ for it.

Please feel free to continue to do the right thing with the car and also to participate here. It's all about the cars. My .02.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363