View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 03:29 PM

Default New - Chicago area

I broke with tradition & have been lurking here quite a while, never having posted. I guess it's better to keep your mouth shut until you know what you're talking about, right?

I've been into antique/collector cars for decades, and only recently got into LE vehicles. However, I've been driving them for years in my career. Currently I have two former patrol units ('96 Bronco & '91 Caprice 9c1), as well as other antique cars & a few daily drivers, and might add to that number as finances & space become available. Wife jokes about how we need a barn with a little apartment above, instead of a house, but so far I can't convince her that this would actually be a good idea! lol!

I'm very focused on originality & history with all my cars, and I'd personally never build/restore a car to anything other than original condition (with obvious exceptions, such as tires and similar items... although 100% original would be awesome!). I don't like "clones" or "homage cars", preferring the real deal. You'll never find aftermarket rims, tint, or yellow sparkplug wires on my cars. And I do like to drive & enjoy them.

SSPs really interest me, and I think they're great cars from the standpoint of collecting and enjoying. I'm not a "flipper", but rather a late arrival to the party. My agency built ONE SSP, so that will never be available, but I do admire a lot of different state versions and (of course) have a few favorites that I keep an eye on. Someday when the planets all align and the clouds part, I'll be in the right place at the right time, and I'll add to my fleet. Until then, I'll be parked on the other side of the events from you Mustang guys, but you're welcome to come say "hello". I'm looking forward to meeting people and talking cars!