View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
Yes the eye bolts were for prisoners(hold their feet down? Cuff the hand cuffs to floor?). Odd that there are 2 on one side, unless that is what 82s had The black button is for the gun lock(I do believe?). Another version is where smaller buttons are under the dash, one on each side(so that the driver or a riding officer could get the shotgun). 2 of my dads CHP crown vics had them-one had the black button, the other had the 2 smaller buttons under the dash.

I absolutely hate any tan/dark tan/brown (except for the lighter tans) interiors when they are dirty and disgusting(kinda like your carpet). When the interiors are nice and clean I don't have a problem lol.
In case anyone is still wondering about these "eye bolts" I didn't have them in the '82 or '84 CHP Mustangs I drove. And i never heard about them in any other CHP patrol car either, and that includes 1978 (440) Dodge Monaco, Plymouth Satellite, 1980s Dodge Diplomat, and Chevy Caprice.

We simply transported prisoners using the seat belt "wrist wrap" technique. Handcuffed, the prisoner is seated, then you have them turn their body slightly to the left and you pull their arms toward you. Then run the seatbelt metal clasp and belt around their wrists/arms, then across their body, and buckle it. Works great. We did this in any of the patrol vehicles that did not have cages in the back (some areas had them,, others did not).

In extreme cases, you may have to tie a prisoner's ankles together (hobble) before seating them in the veh. I never had to do this while operating Mustangs. If I even thought I was going to have issues with a prisoner, I would just tell them before putting them in the veh. that I was going to treat them exactly as they acted. If they acted like a civilized human, they would be treated accordingly, and 98% of the time it worked. I've already discussed the paper shopping bag technique (over the head) in another thread for spitters. I never had any problems with prisoners in Mustangs.