View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 11:43 AM

No grief taken, I appreciated the help! There is only 2-1/4" of space between the top of the rear view mirror and headliner trim panel, so I don't see how that unit would fit. Even the current code 3 dual head halogens are 2.6" high, so they would not work either. I talked to the original installer and he said the Applied Technologies unit that they installed was a 3 head halogen unit and the overall size was less than 9" (which jives with the original screw holes). Before that they had originally installed the rotating unit (like in your photo), but they were problematic in the cold etc. (mechanical issues). I would like to get a halogen unit with at least 2 heads that is less than 9" long and 2" high max (need 1/4" space for the brackets and mirror clearance). At least a halogen unit would be period correct vs. the LEDS I have now. Thanks again for your help.
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP959(R) View Post
When I look at:

I see this:

Look how there seems to be a gap between the red section and the ends where you can see between the light and the mirror.

Why couldn't the light been mounted to a bracket and then mounted to the metal trim? Maybe it had a light stick and replaced it for more flashes per second and they used the existing holes??

If you look at the blue car:

http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/vari...phs/mnssp.html

I think the red you see is a reflection of the red lense in the side reflecting mirror.

Not trying to cause you more grief, just trying to help.

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew