Thread: 1988 SSP $5000
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:31 AM

Thinking of moving this along , again. Since previously listed, I've reconditioned the black part of the bumpers, and added a Trickflow top end, with stock cam and 1.72roller rockers, Street Heat intake, BBK 75mm TB , Pro-m MAF, 24lb injectors, cai, OR h-pipe, Dynomax catback, BAMA SCT chip and 3.55 gears. Picked up roughly 70hp over stock, but you can't really tell it's modded just driving around. I have all the stock parts, except a couple pieces of pipes from the emmisions that were rusted, and would be willing to return to stock. Current mileage is 108k.

Current known mechanical problems,
Tranny still grinds in third when it's cold or power shifted, at some point that will need addressed, and new clutch I'm sure.
Temperature control needs fixed. The knob doesn't change the temp by it's self, you have to reach through the glove box, and help the wire along.
AC was changed over, new hoses and dryer, but still had a leak somewhere. It was needing a charge every couple weeks.
Something kind of funny with the TB. If the idle screw is set right, it's like it's hard to press the throttle initially, right now the idle is around 1000 and it doesn't do it.
It could probably use a real dyno tune , sometimes it just doesn't run as perfect as I think it could.

I would be willing to drive this to deliver it, pretty much anywhere, for the right fee, that's how sure I am in it mechanically getting down the road.

I really want to trade for a 4 eyed Mustang, that I won't feel bad about modding to the hilt, but still has ac and isn't a drag car. I'm open to up or down trades, to a point .

$7000 as it sits, or $5000 with the stock stuff put back on.