View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
If you decide to take on yourself, this tech article will help. I like the quote on the first page of the article, "Next time we'll opt for a root canal instead".

Link to page 1 of article...

http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/peri...monthly-8.html

The article is slides #38 through #43 in the above album.
Thanks!! I had found two other articles, all of them for the later Foxes. Same procedure, I just didn't have as much to remove, not having a console. I want to remove the entire box to clean it out, whether I replace it or not. I'm trying to find someone to evacuate the R12 if there's even any in there. Problem is, I wasn't planning on this, so I now have a stationary car and will have to have someone come to the house to do that.

I found a 1986 Mercury Capri yesterday at a local salvage yard. My chin dropped when I saw an identical tan dash to mine. It's in really good shape. I can get it for $47. I want to keep my original CHP dash, but I would love to get this one for a spare. It's actually in better shape than mine. I may go back this weekend to see if it's still there and grab it.

Would the 1986 heater box match my 1982? I didn't even think to look at it's condition (brain fart). I was at the yard helping a friend and took a look at the Fords while there. Was not expecting to find this car.
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)