View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 AM

I'm sure you guys have noticed in the past, that I get a little torqued off when people post burnouts with their mustangs, or other crazy stuff that makes us look bad. The general public loves to find something to complain about when it comes to law enforcement, right up to the time they are getting there ass robbed and need us to come save them or their loved ones from all the dark evil forces on the planet.

The issue of lights, light bars etc has never been an issue with me since I am LE myself. I have driven my cars, fully marked, to cruise ins and other local car shows however I take the utmost care to be the most polite, law abiding citizen I can be. I have never had a problem. I drive them VERY rarely.

For the hobbyist that is not a police officer I would suggest that when on the road have everything covered up, light bar, lights, markings etc so that there is no way that it can be construed that you are a wanna be, out to impress others. Unless required by your state laws, the car doesn't need to say "out of service", "retired from service", "show car only", or any of the other verbage that does nothing but draw attention to your car. I suggest you get a black light bar cover made, black covers for the deck lights, black magnets to cover decals, and make sure the master switch for all emergency equipment is working and everything is disabled. If stopped, simply tell the officer that you are a police car collecter, and on the way to wherever it is your going. If you are driving your car responsibly you should never have a problem anyway. Always remember, it only takes one moron to ruin it for everybody.

just my .02

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP