View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 AM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by policemustang View Post
I think also it could boil down to BASIC COMMON SENSE...which a lot of regular civilians don't have. ...........
EXACTLY....everything you said is 110% true! I built the engine for my GSP back in September of '06 when the MCA had it's 30th event here in Alabama and my car has logged only 435 miles since then....and most of that was me just trying to put some break in miles on it. I think it has travelled 25 miles since September of '07! But it only takes one idiot to make things difficult and attempt to cast a negative light on you.

There is VERY LITTLE common sense out there today and it's really sad....I remember back when I lived in Southern Maryland there was a local guy with a restored 1965 Galaxie MD State Police car who attended a big Cruise in Ocean City....some citizen called him in during the biggest car show of the year and said he was impersonating a police officer. A Rookie local cop ended up pulling him over(well, he was already pulled over and parked on the show field at the time!) and read him the riot act and threatened to impound his car. In the end he was vindicated and nothing happened....but the lack of common sense didn't settle in and it caused trouble for him.

There is a saying in Retail( I used to be a sales rep in the gift/toy industry) that "The buying public is basically stupid" and that carries on with (unfortunately) most of the general public. In retail....dept. stores take something like a brass picture frame, mark it up 4 times and then put it on sale for 50% off and while people are still paying what would normally be full retail, they think they are getting a steal at "50% off". Same thing happens in the Jewelry business. Then you get people on the road....they get a case of the "stupids" and have no common sense and much of the time act like idiots.

I bet I could take an Amish Horse and buggy painted up like an old Police car with NO police markings and a Gumball light on it even covered with a plain black cover and SOMEBODY is going to legitimately believe it is a real CURRENTLY USED police vehicle! It's sad that the actions of many make us lose faith the the commons sense abililty of our fellow man!