View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 AM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
After reading a ton of posts and checking out Georgia law on the subject, which is a little sketchy, I don't need to worry about driving around in my Blues Brotherish '82 with faded paint and x's on the doors do I? I would be shocked if I got hassled for driving it. It's still black and white and, frankly looks like a pos. Of course it will not say police anywhere on it or have any law enforcement decals. I have the exact verbage saved, but Georgia law is something to the effect of impersonating an officer/vehicle of the same colors w/blue lights, etc. From everything I have read, it appears as though the only time I would get hassled would be if I were in CA. I hope I am correct in not being too extremely worried about it.
Pics are hopefully coming soon however I am a little intimidated to post them after seeing Winter Park SSP's detail job. The carburator is the only clean part on my car.
No, you won't have any problems in GA.....owning a GSP and living in a neighboring state I have looked hard into the Georgia law pertaining to GSP cars.....here is what I gathered from it:

-You can own a car in GA that is Blue/Gray two tone and you can drive it as well. (They constantly sell off old P71s with the same paint scheme but no emergency equipment).

-You CANNOT Operate a car that is blue/grey WITH any emergency equipment installed.

So this means that if I need to travel through the state of Georgia with my GSP that I either have to trailer the car OR I have to remove every bit of emergency equipment from the car. If I had left it a slick top then I could have driven it but by my restoring it back as it was with the light bar I have restricted myself from having it on the road in that state.

I have the law printed out somewhere in my collection here in the office.....