View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:27 PM

I will chime in for just a short time. The NOS vascar cable I bought from PPI on ebay last week has a piece of yellow tape on it with the following written in black ink "E8ZV9A20-BA". The tag does not appear to be a ford tag. I have NO issue with it not having some sort of Ford Motor Company original tag. I have several other mustang vascar cables and it matches up perfectly. It is the same length, diameter, construction etc. I plan on taking it to a speedo shop and seeing if I can get some more made?????? If I do and I sell them I will not advertise them as NOS, just quality replacement parts.

As hard as it is to find some of these parts sometimes you have to be resourceful....or just pony up when you can find the originals somewhere.

When I talked to JIm D about vascar cables the other day we discussed the possibility of using a crown vic cable. he states length would probably be an issue, and possibly the transmission attachment point being different. I don't know as I have never compared them.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP