View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
I know that....didn't say you didn't. My point is that things like this can quickly turn into being claimed as NOS. I also didn't say anyone here was changing history...this sort of thing happens over time as information is spread from person to person....10 people down the line it's NOS for that car and goes from there. What you've got is a crown vic cable and they do work for function and all and if you are not into shows or making the car "correct" but just functional then it's great. the one that was just sold on Ebay did in fact have a Ford part number tag on it as I inquired about it but decided not to bid when I saw a familiar name on the bid list.

But to say "it would probably be pretty hard to tell the difference if done right" isn't doing any favors to the hobby for those into concours...it's just not ethical in my opinion but that may just be me.
No one here is quickly claiming anything as NOS. What happens on Ebay is sad sometimes, but it's not this site or its' members that are the ones doing that type of thing.

It's not a Crown Vic cable...it actually decodes for a Fairmont. The cable that Nodrama just bought doesn't have a ford part number tag on it.

There isn't any concours judging for restored police cars.....and painting a cable to make it look correct is unethical? If that's the case, I guess a whole lot of people are in trouble.

There's nothing wrong with making something work, when the original part is long obsolete. Now...listing this on Ebay and calling it an "NOS OE VASCAR Mustang cable"...I agree, would be unethical. I don't see anyone here doing that, though.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363