View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 04:36 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I never said it was "correct", I said it was a functional replacement, and no one here is changing any history. The "correct", NOS one that was just sold on Ebay doesn't have any part numbers or markings on it, and neither do either of the "correct", OE ones I have here on my cars. So...it would probably be pretty hard to tell the difference if done correctly, and it's a great alternative (under $50) for those that need them for their cars (especially the FHP cars, since just about every FHP car made came with one).

I know that....didn't say you didn't. My point is that things like this can quickly turn into being claimed as NOS. I also didn't say anyone here was changing history...this sort of thing happens over time as information is spread from person to person....10 people down the line it's NOS for that car and goes from there. What you've got is a crown vic cable and they do work for function and all and if you are not into shows or making the car "correct" but just functional then it's great. the one that was just sold on Ebay did in fact have a Ford part number tag on it as I inquired about it but decided not to bid when I saw a familiar name on the bid list.

But to say "it would probably be pretty hard to tell the difference if done right" isn't doing any favors to the hobby for those into concours...it's just not ethical in my opinion but that may just be me.