View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 11:17 AM

Spent about an hour on the phone last night with the retired Sergeant that was assigned to my 86 NHP car. She currently lives in Reno Nevada. John had spoken with her several times and passed on her information to me when I bought the car from him. She is VERY nice lady and real excited about the car being restored. She explained to me that the license plates on the cars were the license plates assigned to a specific trooper. She was originally assigned plate #135 early in her career and then when NHP made some changes her unit number changed to 063. She is sending me an original set of the silver and black NHP plates for the car.

additionally she is going to draw me a picture of how all the equipment was set up in the car. She said she had a CB radio, the NHP radio, a flashlight, a scanner, and the light bar controller

Today I am meeting my new painter at my shop to look at the NHP car and my plan is to have it finished in time for the national show in Reno next year. Hoping to reunite her and the car for a photo op etc.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP