Thread: 1982 CHP #0327
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 04:20 AM

Default Visited 0327 Today at the Body Shop

Slow going but steady. The doors are getting ready to come off. As each piece or panel is removed, it is cleaned, paint removed, any imperfections or rust dealt with, then primed and readied for paint. All items will be painted separately then reassembled. I have heard some don't like to do that, because separate batches of paint may not look the same, plus reassembly can be tricky.

This Artiste does it that way because he feels that the distance and angle of the paint spray can be held closer to a constant with parts off the car and carefully positioned. He also is comfortable mixing paint batches consistently.

Today when I went by he was taking the doors apart before removing them. Everything comes out; glass, control assembly, latches, locks, glass, all trim and channel. I'll have to find new window channel material. So much work. When I told him I was surprised he was going to that level of detail, he said "You want it to look good, don't you?" There's only one answer to that question...

All rusted portions of the trunk around the license plate have had new metal welded in, and are primed. Fenders and the hood have been straightened, all paint removed, then primed.

Attached are two pics; one of the passenger front fender waiting for paint, then one of the veh as it is now. Doesn't look like a Mustang right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171221_143820210.jpg (30.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171221_143846376.jpg (37.3 KB, 36 views)