View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 08:30 PM

Default 1993 FHP 1363 equipment install thread

I have had a bunch of inquiries reference the equipment for the FHP unmarked car. I have been photographically documenting the teardown of the interior to try and help figure out the correct configuration or at least get as close as possible. I have found a couple of interesting items in this car today and wanted to post it up.

This car had a bracket attached to the dash above the A/C vents. The holes do not line up with a micor or spectra bracket. The large 2 inch hole next to the three holes suggests a radio harness was installed there. A single tier 4 channel micor head sits at the same height as the wear marks on the back of the dash (from the harness). I am changing out the dash pad since it has glue/epoxy of some sort on the front that will not come off. I removed the old dash pad and found a 1 1/2 inch by 5 1/2 inch bracket laying loose on top of the ducting for the a/c. It is a bracket that was installed by FHP when the radio equipment was attached to the dash. The aluminum plate is drilled and threaded and the holes line up with the holes in the top of the dash. I can only assume that FHP dissasembled the dash pad to do the install as there is no other way to get to it. Here are the pics. In the first pic you can see the edge of the bracket as it is laying down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Micor under dash support bracket 002.jpg (93.3 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg Micor under dash support bracket 003.jpg (81.2 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg Micor under dash support bracket 004.jpg (78.7 KB, 153 views)

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP