View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 03:05 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
In terms of the rollbar, I remember seeing photos of some 1983 TxDPS units that had them. I don't know about latter year cars.

I kinda remember that 93 TxDPS. The new owner may be on one of the social media sites now.

The full story behind that white 89 car is a mystery. It does say TEXAS on the Buck Tag and it is at the beginning of a batch of VINs with confirmed TxDPS cars. It may or may not have been used by TxDPS. Or perhaps another agency in Texas? I would want to put my eyes on it before shelling out the kind of money the seller wants. We are seeing several instances where SSP Mustangs are selling for >$20K yet the cars are incorrectly restored (some are not even "restored" but are merely freshened up). So buyer beware.

Goof luck on your search, Phil!
Hi Bill,

Yes, if you spot any or hear any leads on the other social platforms, please do post here or PM me on here. I do visit the SSP FB page, but I can only see what is there - can’t read the convos or replies because I don’t belong to FB or IG.

I do keep watching here too.

The white 1989 TX - funny, I was searching through the old classifieds on here for TX units and it was a few years ago this car was initially posted on here as an FYI.... by.... me... !! LOL! It’s actually been posted on this site 2 prior times during the years. It does seem like a “mystery” unit for sure.

So I’ve never seen the question asked, but did TX have any type of drivers training program like the CA EPOC/SPMV program? Is it possible this particular unit was ordered as such with the roll bar for such training? I find it hard to believe that a “DEA” car would require a roll bar?

Here’s my original post on here from 11 years ago when it first surfaced on Craig’s:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2789
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP