View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 AM
...Gathering Parts

Might need to ask some of the East Coasters in NYC area about that. I know that New York State municipalities in more recent times has had to crush or destroy seized cars or cars that were part of a prosecuted case. These cars couldn't be sent to auction even if the case was closed. But when I went to look at that site, Tony and Steve Agugliaro are NYPD guys so it's possible they got that car before that edict and are still restoring it. Might have to go do some digging to find that information out. So if you want one, you might have to replicate it unless those guys know where the second one is at. I know where to get the decals for that car and the correct paint codes for NYC cars so it could be replicated if you wanted to.

In the Cleveland area in Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio, they had the same model car that they seized and used as a traffic car until one of the officers wrapped it up in a 105 mph pursuit. Fortunately, the officer was ok but the car was junk at that point. I was thinking about going to find photos of that car for my historical records of PD cars in use in the Cleveland area.