Thread: 1982 CHP #0327
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 12:00 PM

Red face 0327 So Close

Getting sooo close to being done. A few minor details in the interior are left. But then we took a step backward. The dash pad was dyed the right color, but during installation, the part above the left speaker broke out. This is the portion with the holes to let the sound through. Old and very fragile. So I ordered a new repro dash pad from CJ Pony Parts; it gets in next Monday, then that will have to be dyed and installed.
Sometimes it seems like you take two steps forward, then one back. This delay is really going to make it difficult to get it ready for the Ripon show in October. Even if it isn't finished I think I'll bring it anyway.
I do need a set of the trunk lid decals. I've messaged John10608 as I recall he had some a year ago.
So close, but not quite there, after 3 years and a lot of $! Kind of like waiting for a date...you've been looking forward to it and now you're there waiting but she's got to finish her makeup, or change dresses, or is looking for a certain pair of shoes she wants to wear, etc... lol