View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
VIN guru

Stew got his info from Ford's archives through somebody that worked there. He didn't get it through any "legal" channels (i.e. paid Ford royalties for it) like Marti Auto Works did and does. When Ford found out about it they told him in order to continue, he had to give production numbers by paint and interior trim type/color for free to anyone that requested it via e-mail. That was done through his website, the Third Generation National Registry (thirdgenerationnewsandbeyond.com). If anyone requested a more detailed report (production start and stop for that body type, how many of the same car were made on that day, etc.) he could charge only a nominal fee (no more than $10?) for "time and materials". He stopped doing it maybe 7 years ago? There is now another guy doing the same thing. His name is Terry McCoy. He and Stew are associated in one way or another. I know they were both third generation MCA judges at the same time a few years back. Don't know how else they know each other. Terry McCoy runs at least one registry (1985 GT Convertible), maybe more. I have only seen the form to fill out to request a report from him, not any actual reports. He currently charges $25 for a report.