View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 PM

Default Pennsylvania State Police Mustangs

I posted this at .org, but I'm going to re-post it here for anyone that doesn't post there...............

In the vehicle usage page it only shows PSP as having 1992 Mustangs. I know they had them in 1985.

Back around 1985 a few friends and I were taking a little road trip across IS90 in PA when I noticed a Ford Mustang come up behind me. I was in the left lane speeding. I moved over to let him pass and he came up on my left side and sat there for a couple seconds. I looked over and it was a PA State Trooper. He had a light on his dash that looked like it was mounted to a bracket that allowed him to flip it up in view when needed, and down out of sight when not. I immediately slowed down and he went ahead of me and stopped someone else.

I don't remember much about the car other than that. I just remember the officer being in uniform, the dash light flipped down in front of his dash, and the fact that he was driving an unmarked FORD MUSTANG!

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the PSP Mustangs??

Who is Fred Johnson? He's listed in the Special Service Mustang Owners Association as having a 1985 PSP SSP.

I know PSP had a Mustang on the interstate in '85. It's the only Mustang I've ever actually seen in service.

If anything, someone at least tell me who Fred Johnson is.