View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Yes, every once in a while we talk about that when I am working in LE. Now that I'm older if they want to run, they're gone. Bring in the tracking dogs. Foot pursuits are a young man's job...
I had four foot pursuits in 2008.

All drunk....REAL drunk....I got all four but was only 100% that year because 9 years ago my agency still allowed us to use the Taser on mopes running from us. That changed after CPD tased a guy running and he fell on the pavement and broke out all his teeth...

The very first time a Taser was used in my department was when I Tased an idiot on the roof of a house because he was refusing to come down. Watching him roll off the roof and fall into a bunch of thorny rose bushes will be forever etched in my brain. His screams were epic......like music to my ears....

Of course the paperwork was endless....and the excessive use of force investigation sucked.....but the local news channels provided us with some awesome video.....

the last 8 years of my career the only "foot" pursuits I participated in were the ones where the mope ran down the road and I could drive my car....

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP