View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 05:54 AM

Default The New "CHIPS" Movie

This is off-topic so moderators, feel free to delete this post if you wish. I saw the new CHIPS movie last night. Now I remember well the 1977-1983 TV series, and while I thought at the time it was campy and a little goofy, plus unrealistic, it was harmless. And it did nothing to discredit the CHP or its employees. People used to ask me about the show and depending on the situation, I would either say "Well, the unforms are authentic" or "Yes, the job is just like that, one big party, and I can't believe sometimes I am getting paid to have so much fun!" then laugh and tell the truth.

But this mess of a movie, the new CHIPS movie, was the furthest thing imaginable from reality. Nothing was realistic about the movie, not anything at all. Not even the uniforms. Every member of the patrol portrayed in that movie was at best unprofessional, and at worst absurdly disgraceful, including the two stars who couldn't have even passed the written exam (the initial hurdle in the hiring process) let alone last one day on the job.

I watched the movie with my wife and oldest (teenage) son and was frankly embarrassed. Now there will probably never be another production made about the Patrol because this one has likely destroyed the concept.

It was only briefly in the theaters so if you want to see it you can get it on DVD now; at Redbox it's $1.50 but it isn't the money as much as the time you will never get back wasted on viewing it.

I knew it was a comedy and am good with humor but this one wasn't even funny. It was just lame.