View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 07:55 PM

I have another opinion I suppose. The cars I "restore" are basically for two purposes and that is to take to car shows, and keep for investment purposes 20 years from now. I personally do not like driving my SSP cars, (especially a fully marked unit) on the roadway. When I "restore" a marked car I put permanent decals on if that is the way it was equipped when in service. I try to make the car look as close to brand new as possible and I want the paint to be as good or better than when it was new. I always try to put the CORRECT equipment in my SSP cars as correctness is one of my most important goals. I guess my SSP cars are all enclosed trailer queens.......... I restore the cars to pay tribute to the job the cars performed in service, not to try and impress other people with my pretty lights.

There are many that will disagree with the driving aspect and will say that if you can't drive it why have it, but for me I have other "civilian" cars to drive and have fun with. So for me I paint them all.....and none are "drivers". Just my humble opinion and to each their own. You got to do what makes you happy !!

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP