Thread: ecm questions.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Retired L.E.O.

Default Don't give up!

I tried to look-up the 10-11 code but my old list only has two digit codes. Later years went to three so a found a digit list on-line but I don't know how to convert your numbers to three digits.

You do have a lot of codes showing which leads me to think about the ground or lack of it throwing everything wacky. Grounding is very important. I can not stress it enough. The sensors need a perfect ground. Did you check the cable from the battery to the body and then runs to the engine block. Please make sure all you grounds are not corroded/ rusted. They may look good visually but I would disconnect them, clean them and then re-install along with a spot of Dielectric grease.
Then check all the wiring under the hood.

I'm not a mechanic either (at least not since the late 60's) but simple stuff can be looked at and confirmed by an owner. You have to stop throwing money (parts) at this thing.
Can you get it to a Ford dealer (even tow it), pay the one hour rate for a Diagnostic fee and let them tell you what it needs? You don't have to have them fix it unless you want them to. I did this years ago and all it needed was two plug wires and something else I forgot. Before that I replaced a lot of parts (money) that weren't needed.

Oh, ECT= engine coolant temp,
ACT= aircharge temp sensor,
MAF= mass air flow sensor
BAP= (can't find)

What was this car doing or better yet what were you doing to the car just before this started?? You didn't Power Wash the engine did you?

Let us know,
Jerry