View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
CHiPster

Default A suggestion....

Arguments are usually started when a particular rule is ignored by some or enforced only on occasions. I think that if the host of a sight and their moderators would set the ground rules and stick to them we would not be having these problems.

Make a list of words that are unacceptable on your sight and start to alter or delete the word on the individual post. If the post just has too many of them then delete the entire post or lock the thread, if it is out of control. On the same token don't accept words that are altered with signs such as $ for s and so on because it defeats the purpose. The sights are different so the level of words that can be accepted can vary but let the members know where you stand. This way members do not post on both sights if it is not acceptable on one or the other.

I try to post the same on both sights, as I know there are people who, for one reason or another, do not cross boundaries and might miss out on what I have to say or am inquiring on. Individual members will have their own opinions as to what an acceptable word is and how it is used based on their life experience and upbringing. We are a diverse group here and we need strict guidelines so that this will not be a problem in future posts.

I personally will not bash someone for doing whatever they want to do to their car. That is why they paid for it just like I will not listen to anyone who imposes on me what I should do to it. If there is nothing good to say about a person’s car (DON'T POST). As time goes by you'll forget or will not care what happened to the car and the vehicle's owner will never know what you thought. This will cause peace and harmony at events that both of you attend.

This is only a suggestion.