View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPcars.com View Post
I've used "Not In Service" on the 78' Fury and people still slam on the brakes and refuse to pass. Even when the cars are on the trailer, they slam on the brakes and fall in behind. I recomend covering all markings and removing or covering all lighting. Especially if your not an LEO.

Mike
Good advice. In addition to the signage mentioned above I cover all the lighting up and meticulously use painters tape to cover up every square inch of markings. You really have to keep your head up and stay alert driving though because of rubber neckers and things like you mention above. Although I have to say I had more close calls nearly getting run into by other drivers when I had my champange gold colored 1969 Mach I. Unforutunately most other drivers payed more attention to my car that to the road. I can recall being the only 2 cars on the road for miles and having a car pass me on the inside and suddenly loose his mind looking at my car and nearly send me off the side of the road. Really have to be alert at all times.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/