View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Admin

David,

I PM'd you last evening and attempted to address some of your concerns. I see that you've been on the site repeatedly today, and haven't bothered to return my PM. I didn't respond to several issues I had yesterday evening with your original post, but now I've had a little time to reflect, so I will.

First off...I don't completely understand your post...you have posted a message containing personal attacks (both on myself, other members of this website, and the SSP Mustang community in general) in an attempt to get others to not post public messages containing personal attacks??

Second...I have not, and I will not, provide you with a list of the erroneous information posted over on .ORG that needs to be corrected. Honestly...I tried to address those issues with Mike long ago, and he refused to make any changes. Why now, when myself and others have formed this website, would I take the time and effort to go back and list every single bit of misinformation so it can be corrected? Many of the changes are already incorporated here. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but that's how I feel, and it's not changing.

No one here professes to be an "expert" on Special Service Mustangs, but I can assure you that we strive to keep the misinformation to a minimum. Anyone who cares to can go pull up some of the past posts you made on .ORG and see that you tended to put info out there, just like some others, that just wasn't right. I've been wrong on things before, and I'll be wrong again, but at least I make an attempt to post up verified, documented information and not what I "think" or "remember" or "was told one time" by someone. Same goes for the majority of the members here.

Next...many here are in the process of restoring cars (some quicker than others). Not everyone has access to their own Ford dealership, parts department, service department, or the funds to buy completely restored $15K cars. Does that make you a better person than anyone else here because you have restored cars? Because you go to shows across the country? I'm sure that I speak for more than myself when I say that not everyone has the ability to travel around the country to attend car shows, be it budget-wise, due to family obligations, work schedules, or maybe just not wanting to attend those types of events.

The mission statement here is what it is for a reason....promoting the cars, preserving their heritage, restoring them, and fun for all. It is, by design, not a place for people who want to talk about modding, racing, or otherwise trashing the cars that we are here to preserve. People may have different definitions or opinions or directions that they want to take their cars in, and that's fine by me. No one is excluded from participating here because of that. However, I've put this thing together, with the help of others, to try and help those who want to restore their cars as correctly as possible. Aren't we trying to establish an actual MCA class for these cars? I remember early on, seeing FHP cars at shows I attended, where the owners put whatever equipment they wanted to inside and called it a "restored, to in-service condition" car. Maybe it was from a lack of information, or effort, but that's why this place exists.

If you, or anyone else, disagree with the way this forum is run, or what is posted here, I suggest you not visit it.

Let's remember how this whole thread started, also. We are not the ones selectively deleting posts based on personal bias or other issues.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363