View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Troop D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTLOSE View Post
I also found out this past week that Dodge underbid Ford CV's by $2000 on the Chargers. This was a big reason OSP went with the Charger. They are buying them for $19k a piece for two years. So far they seem happy with the 2012 Chargers vs. the older models.
I'm 2 weeks into my 2012 and at almost 2000 miles, I can say I have been impressed in comparison to the CV... but then again, the CV is not an option anymore. The biggest improvements for me at least has been the layout of the interior with digital controls for almost everything and not to mention both the digital & anolog speedometer with cruise control which makes pacing a breeze now.

Drivers side seat adjustment is a big plus with being able to adjust the height so I'm sure that would be be beneficial for the tallest to the smallest of individual. Fuel economy seems to be better as well since your able to monitor that through the dash display... I've been getting 12 mpg to 16 mpg on a "slow" day when my foot hasn't been in the pedal too much.

Negatives I've noticed would be the slight loss of leg room in the back with the cage partition... then again, its not supposed to be comfortable for them back there. The loss of trunk space for your gear - depending on how much you carry. Also having to dig out that gear to get to the doughnut spare which puts you out of commision until you can get it changed since it's not a full sized spare... I work the Interstate so I average about a flat tire a month riding the shoulder.

I does take a little getting used to especially as far a viewpoint compared to the CV but I would say it has been more of a + so far... thats just my 2 cents.

Why police should not pursue Stangs...
Why you should not get caught by the police in your Stang...