View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 05:46 PM

ok.....I will weigh in......yeh i know it didn't last long.

I think Joe asks a very pertinent question here. I am sometimes amazed at the stuff people want to do to these cars. Not citing anyones specific post here but brakes are a perfect example.

These cars were put in service and driven 130 MPH every day. The factory brakes were fine then and they are fine now as long as you drive the car with some sort of common sense. Can we make the brakes better? sure we can. Hell I can make the brakes better on the GT500 but why would I?

I see no valid reason to feel the need to have rear disc brakes on an SSP car. Granted the brakes are not nearly as good as anything built within the past 5 years but in reality how many of us are driving these cars aggressively every day. Very few. Having rear disc brakes on a fox body mustang will NEVER look stock to anyone that knows how the cars were built. If you track your car then yes I can understand the need for brakes as standard fox brakes suck on a road track. But why beat an SSP on a race track anyway? I know some do and repectfully I will always 100% disagree with that practice. It's your stuff though so we can just agree to disagree.

Boring the engine 30 over on a 200k motor is perfectly fine IMO. If the stuff is worn out it needs to be fixed. Just don't try to convince me it needs a bigger cam, and then bigger injectors, after market headers etc.

My response to mods is if it is anything other than a stock NOS part or a stock replacement part...it ain't stock. Everyone can do what they want with their own car and I am not picking on anyone in particular. i think this site and our members all have a pretty good idea what we believe in when it comes to the cars. That is why we don't have any members with twin turbo FHP cars.

Given the fact there were milions of fox body non SSP cars built I will always sugest that you buy one of them if you want to "enhance" the vehicles performance qualities.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP