View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM

Default Another Photo of 870255

Here is another photo I located of 82 Mustang 870255. It was taken on the same occasion as the first one I posted. By the way, I should note that the correct number for this vehicle is actually 255,not 225 as I had originally recalled. 27 years will do that to your memory! In the interest of accuracy, Mike has corrected this throughout this thread.

A couple of interesting things for restorers; note the antenna mount. I have seen some discussion over the types used. Also, note the hook mounted on the driver's side edge of the roof. This was to hold the antenna if you wanted to bend it forward in an arc. I never did it, I didn't care for the look, a personal preference. I don't recall seeing that done more than a couple of times on any cars.

The passenger seat top and headrest look dark because I had my jacket draped on it; this was typical practice in cool weather because it kept the jacket close and available from the passenger side if you were going to be out of the car for a while, yet kept it from falling on the floor and getting dirty.

The mud on the side behind the front tire was from driving through the center divider of the highway to turn around. At that time, in February, the dirt center divider was wet and this would happen. That could probably be photoshopped out to give a perfect view of the Mustang.

Mike, you can use any of the photos as you like. I have TIFF format versions of them (lossless format) that I can email you if you want.

When I have time I'll check on the that list you wanted me to look at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E870225-2 001.jpg (116.9 KB, 162 views)