View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I'd personally go with one of the Decatur radar units. Roman's DPS page (a kick-ass website, BTW) has three pics of '86 cars with what looks like the Decaturs. Matt posted a link to those cars earlier in this thread. I have one of them the house right now, if you want a better pic of what it looks like. I'm putting it in the CSP car (along with a VASCAR...Trooper that drove it said they used both).

Either way...both of those pop up on eBay fairly regularly...that's where I found both of mine (S-80 for the '83 DPS).
That's exactly what I was thinking, all of those pictures pretty clearly showed a decatur... so I think I will try to track one of those down. The real challenge is going to be figuring out how to mount all of this correctly, as I have not found an interior shot for an 86 yet. That and I still know next to nothing about what everything does, how to use it all correctly, etc... so I'm going to need to do some research and develop a basic understanding of what all of this was used for. Pretty cool stuff though.

I'm already set on a full body resto, full interior resto and putting all of the correct equipment in it... but toying around with putting a paxton or something on it. The car will see very light street duty, more likely weekend cruises and shows.