View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:38 AM

Default Same Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe1013 View Post
I'm guessing he's referring to me. I had no luck with the DMV or the Eminger Invoice. I'm about to order the Deluxe Marti Report and Window Sticker. I did however finally get my assignment card from Robert. Check out my posts on here and research.

I'm forced to pretty much do a complete restoration on my '82s interior since it continued daily use upon retirement for many years afterwards. I'm looking into seat upholstery, headliner, package tray, door panels and carpet, not to mention the dash pad/cover. So far, I've found the door panels to be most elusive. I have samples from SMS for the headliner, seats and carpet, but the carpet was too light and the pattern on the black cloth for the seats was close, but not a perfect match. Fox Mustang Restoration has offered to build a package tray out of a sample material they found that's close to original for $124.99 compared to their normal price of $89.95. Our .net discount will still apply. I haven't asked about multiple orders = better pricing yet.

I just got a National Parts Depot catalog in the mail and they have the washer bottle I need for $40 and advertise the seat covers in cloth/vinyl from TMI, but for interior trim code DV, they say to call. I plan to make that call soon, too.

My build sheet is M.I.A. Did you find yours behind the rear sail panel? My left one had tape residue and that's where Mike found his.

Congrats on your purchase and let's stay in touch while we both restore our '82 CHPs.

Greg
With the car not being tagged in eleven years I have not made it down the DMV yet to inquire its history. With the holidays quickly approaching I am thinking a DMV trip will be sometime soon after January.

I am also looking at a full interior restoration myself and you are right about the door panels being hard to find. I stumbled on a set of door panels from a gentleman on ebay a few months back. I believe I paid around $75.00 for the panels and shipping.There were several things he had I wanted at the time but cash was tight that night as I was buying my radio equipment from Robert Read.

I am on Vacation this week and been working on some projects around the house.I am going to look for my build sheet if it even exists where it should be. It would be nice to have the Build Sheet to go along with my Buck Tags. I do know my car is # 31 down the list.

Yes lets stay in touch while we restore our CHP Units..