View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Eric, you may be able to learn the CHP Unit Number by requesting the DMV Registration History for your car. Here's a discussion thread about doing that:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2676

When I received the one for my 85, it listed the CHP as the first owner, and included the original license plate number which would give you the Unit Number. I know another member with an 82 was unsuccessful when he tried, but you'll never know unless you try!
I'm guessing he's referring to me. I had no luck with the DMV or the Eminger Invoice. I'm about to order the Deluxe Marti Report and Window Sticker. I did however finally get my assignment card from Robert. Check out my posts on here and research.

I'm forced to pretty much do a complete restoration on my '82s interior since it continued daily use upon retirement for many years afterwards. I'm looking into seat upholstery, headliner, package tray, door panels and carpet, not to mention the dash pad/cover. So far, I've found the door panels to be most elusive. I have samples from SMS for the headliner, seats and carpet, but the carpet was too light and the pattern on the black cloth for the seats was close, but not a perfect match. Fox Mustang Restoration has offered to build a package tray out of a sample material they found that's close to original for $124.99 compared to their normal price of $89.95. Our .net discount will still apply. I haven't asked about multiple orders = better pricing yet.

I just got a National Parts Depot catalog in the mail and they have the washer bottle I need for $40 and advertise the seat covers in cloth/vinyl from TMI, but for interior trim code DV, they say to call. I plan to make that call soon, too.

My build sheet is M.I.A. Did you find yours behind the rear sail panel? My left one had tape residue and that's where Mike found his.

Congrats on your purchase and let's stay in touch while we both restore our '82 CHPs.

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)