Thread: SSP Stories
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Goodwill Ambassador

OH! Open the can of worms with me!!!! I have a flood of stories but it basically boils down to this:

I thought it was SO COOL that the Texas DPS began using Mustangs as patrol units. I took an interest in Mustangs around 1984 and began lobbying my dad for a Mustang for my high school car. I ended up with a new '86 GT in July of that year and by that time, the TXDPS had many Mustangs in the fleet.
In 1987, my interests changed with the cosmetic improvements of 1987 on the Mustang and my desire for a 5.0 sedan grew outrageously! Out of all the Mustangs I've had in 20 years, only 2 were hatchbacks and all others were SEDANS!!!! I guess my interest in Mustangs combined with a police package fueled my fire altogether more.

Just as "Smokey and The Bandit" sold thousands of Trans-Ams for Pontiac, the police agencies throughout America have sold many Mustangs for Ford. Don't you know that when kids saw the police using a Mustang for a patrol car, they thought: "If a Mustang is good enough for the police, it's good enough for me!"

Last edited by policemustang; 12-11-2006 at 02:24 AM.