View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:33 AM

Sorry about this, Bill. I haven't been on the board lately so I didn't know. I hope it's found soon and intact, undamaged. I can't stand a thief!!! One of the lowest forms of life.

Two weekends ago, I went to visit my parents about 2 hrs east of here. I was gone about 3.5 days. When I came home, I happened to notice the passenger door on my CSP Camaro wasn't completely closed. I opened the door and the OEM and Motorola radios were still there. I walked around to the driver door and it was still locked. My registration was still in the envelope but lying in the driver's seat. I had cleaned up and repainted the battery tray and while that dried and cured, had stored the battery in the driver's floorboard on the all-weather mat. The battery was in the back seat. The jumper cables were still in their bag in the passenger seat where I left them. Under the hood seemed OK, too.

The only thing I can find out of order is the back headliner trim piece is loose with a screw missing on the driver side, like they were trying to get that. The hatch wasn't touched. They couldn't have closed that without the battery being hooked up.

Honestly, it could have been that way for a few days or a week or more, I just don't know. I didn't find out until today how they got in. I woke the car up and started to bathe her and saw where they had got in via the window on the passenger door.

With nothing known missing and I didn't notice the window, I never filed a police report.

Not the same pain as yours, but violated none-the-less.

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)