View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 AM

Thanks Sam!

As I said on FEP, the driver's side was completely unmarked, and I had covered the TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT lettering on the passenger side with black electrical tape. All of the emergency lights were disconnected, and the inside ones were completely covered. Using a tow truck/rollback, they most likely only took a couple of minutes to steal it, so they probably didn't realize that the car had been a police vehicle til they unloaded it. I'm hoping that the electrical problem which had stranded me 3 times keeps them from driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Two deep water ports there between the area there where Bill lives in DE. I would be looking just north east of Wilmington around Deepwater NJ for shipping ports or a few more miles to Philly at the body shops between there and Cambridge, NJ or down towards Baltimore to their ports (I have spotters there and up in Cambridge also). If it hits a container it's gone towards the middle east. There are many that want those types of cars and most likely the lights weren't even noticed as the "order" might have been to get a dark colored Mustang and Bill's fit the order. The problem with parts on these vehicles is that there are VIN numbers everywhere on the parts making it that much more difficult to peddle the parts around the area.

Hopefully it didn't go far. I'd be calling towing companies too.
Good points, Greg! I went around yesterday and visited a few shops that I've used in the past. Just trying to get the word out. I have a few guys asking around in dark corners and back alleys.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!