Thread: 91 FHP Car
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBeaverFL View Post
So, what's your thoughts on the value of this car?
Well, you DID ask for opinions, and Chris gave you his thoughts on the car.

If you have not done so already, I suggest that you go through our classifieds section to see what other cars have been listed for. Sometimes you will be able to see what they sold for as well (ebay listings). I bought my 88 PCSD car for $6,463 on ebay. The body/paint needed work to be in the shape I wanted it, and for a rare SSP I knew what I wanted to spend to buy the car. In my opinion, the PCSD car was in nicer shape than your 91 so your selling price will likely come in lower than that.

SSPs are a strange item in the collector car world. Sure, they are rare among Mustangs, but they have limited appeal because not everyone wants to own/operate a marked police car. It is extremely difficult to restore one for less than you could sell it for. They just do not pull in high dollars when they are restored. It does keep prices down for unrestored examples. It's great for someone who wants a car for a relatively cheap price, but it's hard on the seller. Most of us are restoring them for the fun of it.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!