Thread: 89 TX DPS
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 PM

Yeah this is the one I took from a rolling shell and restored it, then Russ really finished it off with a better respray, interior out of a donor car, etc. This was my first restoration and the car that really got me into the hobby, my knowledge and skills have increased vastly since I did this car. Russ took it to the level I wanted it to be at, the level my AL car and soon to be KHP car are at. It makes me sick that I sold it; I really wish I hadn’t and once I saw Russ’s work at the Ashville show I really wanted it back but couldn’t. Another thing this car taught me was I won’t sell another one of my SSP’s.

Unfortunately I can’t go back in time, and I have no say what happens to the car as it’s not mine. I sold it to a fellow enthusiast who enjoyed and respected the car. I think everyone knows that things come up and sometimes we need to sell our toys even if we hate to. I would hate to see all the work we have done be undone but like I stated before it’s not ours anymore to make that call. My only other regret is not pulling the switch box that was a gift from Joe and replacing it with a blank one. I am sure Russ feels the same way about this car, hopefully one day it will end up back in this group or my garage.

Here is the link to the work I did on it:
http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/d...0SSP%20M9-161/

1992 SSP Kansas Highway Patrol #264 Troop H
1991 SSP Georgia State Patrol Perm/Trunk #1195, Roof/Badge/Tag #813