View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
This next Saturday (7/30) I am going to the Sonora, CA area to visit the owner of 870255's engine. I am going to find out if somehow, someway, the body still exists. If it does the possibility exists to salvage it. Then perhaps make the owner an offer on the '82 with the engine and get that back. I'd probably end up putting far more money into it than the finished restoration would be worth. But it would be a unique story. maybe get it on a reality TV show. Call it "SSP Mustang Archaeology".

If that doesn't work I'll hold a funeral ceremony for 870255 (lots of tears for sure) then start looking for the '84 I drove in Los Banos.
If the body is gone but you can get the engine (and you dont want to create another car around the engine), you can do a full resto on the engine, then paint an engine stand black/white along with smaller than normal "highway patrol" decals on and the cars # brushed on it, and take that to shows (it would be very interesting, at least I think it would be ) as it is what is left of an actual 82 CHP. That would be a nice way (along with stories ) to preserve what is left of the car . Thats my idea for the motor.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs