View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
Steve, I honestly can't recall the year of the Mustang or even the exact year ('83 or '84) that white door warning happened to me. I do remember it was enhanced by a quick on-off flash of the ruby in my direction before the officer floored it and disappeared into the night.

Who knows, we very well may have laid eyes upon one another out there in the westlands badland once upon a time.
It is possible. When I did work evening shift it was always on beat 30-16 (Westside). Some Officers didn't like driving the Mustangs, they drove the Dodge Diplomat instead. So it was likely one of only 3 or 4 possible officers that evening. Los Banos was a small office in those days; I think only about 16 or so Officers plus 2 or 3 Sergeants, a Lieutenant, and the Captain. Day shift would have 3 or 4 units, evenings the same, and Graveyard a single 2-man car. But sometimes vacations, court time, sick time, etc. would reduce the lineup. I remember one time when I was the only unit for the entire area on day shift. I put about 350 miles on 0255 in 8 hrs just trying to beat check all the main roadways at least once.