View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:38 PM

curiousity is getting me...

Sooo... has anyone ever talked to the Owner of this EVOC and received any reasoning whatsoever as to why he's asking such an exhorbitant amount of money for that car?

Does this Owner (or vehicle) show up to any SSP shows or belong to any sites?

I mean, ok, it's a CHP EVOC, it has some interesting history, appears to be in somewhat original shape even after retirement - but, I'm just not seeing anything really spectacular that commands a $50k, $40k, $30k or say even mid to high $20k price tag on that vehicle...

A magazine article & signatures - is that why the price is so high?

Low miles? I guess one can say it has low miles which could play a role in its value, but in the same instance, that can be subject to debate since some would say those miles were not pampered miles.

To me, that car having signatures on it, regardless of who's signatures they are (or what they may or may not represent), should really have no bearing at all to the REALISTIC value at which to sell such a vehicle - am I wrong in saying that?

I think it's a really neat Mustang to definitely own AND preserve - but, at it's current asking price, it's never going to sell (unless there's just that one person who has $50k to burn and does not care what that $50k buys).

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm in no way bashing the Seller or Owner, but, there's a point in time when common sense should prevail... well, one would hope....
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP