View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I agree...but the "mustang interceptor" 5.0 badges and "police interceptor" decals do a heckuva lot worse than what we are talking about here.
Yes but much of that is obviously aftermarket and original Ford literature can easily prove those to be incorrect...but original literature does not show or describe other details.

Quote:
I wouldn't spray paint the cable, personally...but vinyl dye would be an option.
That may work and although many may not tell the difference there are people like me who could if I really wanted to examine it. Honestly though you could fool MCA judges because they really don't have much of a clue about much of the specialty cars....I hope they try to change this but it is doubtful that it will happen anytime soon.

Quote:
No..the cable I found. The OE cables on my '83 CSP are both grey, BTW. With no part numbers on either cable, who's to say what the correct color cable is on the early cars anyway?
That is were research comes into play...talking to those who dealt with the cars or were around them when new...enthusiasts from long ago and pictures if you can find them. Unrestored cars also attest to this. Things like this like you have done on this site document this and keep the record straight so that confusion or misrepresentations down the road are avoided or debunked.