View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP0665 View Post
My wife thinks I'm crazy about anything I do. Mine has been sitting in my garage for over the past year. It's not in it's prime atm so she would always mention to me every time she passed a sign that read "We haul off junk cars" so much to the point that it almost got sold a few weeks back. Luckily I remembered exactly why I bought the car 16 years ago before it did get sold.

Glad to see someone else feels my pain. The day I brought home my 2004 cobra she said "did we really need this?" well, I really won her over on this FHP car let me tell ya... But it will be all worth it in the end I keep telling myself.

I know about carfax'ng the car to determine where it was stationed but can anyone tell me how to find the unit number? I looked on the radiator support, door jamb etc but no luck. it is mia from either the poor black paint job or a rag with lacquer. The captain over FHP vehicle dept wrote me today and said they did not have records that far back any more. My only hope is that the roof number will show on the original tan paint.

any suggestions in what steps I should take to remove the paint so not to detroy the possibility of gettting the roof numbers?