View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM

I understand what you're saying, Andy. Conversely, I'm left wondering how much fun I would have had with that car since I only owned it for a short time.

Without going on and on, the theft hit me harder than I would have thought. I'm smart enough to know that material things are not important and can be replaced. But I felt like these knuckleheads stole the JOY I derived from owning, wrenching, driving my cars. I'm a car-guy like most others, but my mood tanked and the enjoyment I got from cars was gone for a short time. I wasn't ready to list anything for sale, but I wasn't in a good place either. I've gotten my head on straight again, and I'm feeling much better about things.

I need to work out the details with the insurance company. In the meantime, I have found a replacement vehicle. I plan to sell our 2012 Focus and use the insurance money to buy a new, left-over 2012 Mustang GTCS.

http://images59.fotki.com/v255/photo...12GTCS1-vi.jpg

It was an insane deal IMO. My deposit is en route (outa state dealer), and the transaction will be consumated some time soon. Like my Harper Woods PD Mustang, this one will also involve one-way airfare and a fun roadtrip home. You should also note that my old car was black with silver stripes, but the California Special is silver with black stripes. It's a Yin-Yang way to move forward.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!